A permit is now required for any game a team participates in outside of league play (exhibition games/tournaments).
Please click here to complete the information and submit your request, once received the request will be posted here as pending, once approved the permit sanction # will be listed, if the request is not listed within 24 business hrs please contact the office. (permit approvals received by the zone will also be forwarded to the team to have on hand at the time of the game) Requested Permits
**Gamesheets for any game that you receive a permit for MUST be emailed to the office (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 24 hours after the final game** Failure to forward the gamesheets in a timely manner will result in other permits being denied or revoked.
Please note that the start and end dates for travel permits are the days the team will be traveling not the day the game is to be played.
Travel permits requests need to be completed at least 3 business days before the date of travel. TRAVEL PERMITS REQUESTED ON FRIDAY WILL NOT BE LOOKED AT UNTIL THE FOLLOWING MONDAY AT THE EARLIEST.
Permits applied for prior to league schedule being confirmed, will be held and forwarded once it has been confirmed that there are no game conflicts with any league commitments. Please also reveiw the Important Dates tab to ensure that your request does not fall within a black out period.
Federation teams, along with the travel or exhibition permit requirement listed above, you also need to apply to for a permit for all tournament and exhibition games you will be participating in on Hockey Edmonton's website - this is a league requirement it is not a valid approval with Hockey Alberta or SGMHA. (click here for their permit page).
Travel/Exhibition Permit Conditions
1. Teams must have approval before playing exhibition or tournament games (teams not having the proper approval will be suspended from any further permit approvals).
- Out of Province, the actual permit must be carried with you
- For Out of Province exhibition and tournament game special permission is required and may take extra time to be approved or denied.
2. Exhibition or Tournament games must not conflict with any Branch Commitments.
3. All Match Penalties must be reported immediately to the respective Zone 3 Chairperson or designate (email@example.com)
4. Teams must adhere to Minor Hockey Tournament and Exhibition Game Regulations as set out by Hockey Alberta.