In an effort to ensure that all parents are aware of the mandatory shift requirement guidelines for the coming season, please refer to the points listed below, more detailed information is listed on the sign up page for each option:
* Every family is required to work 2 - mandatory shifts. This is per family, not per child registered and includes import players. You must be present for the full shift for it to count towards your requirement (you cannot show up late or leave early with the manager's approval).
* Mandatory shifts can be any of the following: concession shifts at the Agrena on King Street,or EMHW shifts at the Terwillegar Arena, however SGMHA executive has the right to offer other options during the season to fulfill the mandatory shift requirement. Please note for this year Bingo shifts will be open for credits only, if you would like to work a bingo instead of a concession or EMHW please sign up for the bingo shift and email the office/secretary that those shifts are to be in lieu of your mandatory shift requirement instead of a credit - please read the bingo tab for the new policies regarding bingo shift sign ups, as not all shifts will be available to the general membership.
* The Head Coach & Manager for a team will be exempt from having to complete their mandatory shift requirements for the current season. If you are anticipating being a Head Coach or Manager, please do not sign up to work a shift before Nov 1, as credits will not be given to shifts worked before the positions are confirmed (for co manager positions, 1 shift will be exempt per person). If once teams are formed and you are appointed the Head Coach or Manager position any shifts that you signed up for will be removed.
* No one under the age of 18 is allowed to work in the concession (please be prepared to show ID, if asked).
* Workers for EMHW must be 16 yrs or older.
**NEW POLICY** By December 25 all members must their 2 shift requirements booked through the i-volunteer sign up system. As January 1 all remaining shifts still available for sign up for the season will be opened up as credit shifts for all members to sign up for. Once all shifts have been filled any member that has not worked or is signed up to work their required 2 shifts, will have their shift deposits processed. If the deposits are insufficient or invalid a $35 processing charge will be be applied per item and the full shift deposit plus the processing charge will need to be paid within 10 business days (members are considered not in good standing if they have fees owing to the association, at which time players will be removed from the ice until their account is brought into good standing). If a shift becomes available for them to work before the end of the season once extra shifts are opened for playoffs a refund of the deposit (not including the $35 processing fee) will be issued to them upon completion of the shift. It is strongly recommended that you work at least one of your shifts before Dec 30. This will help ensure that you are not rushing at the end of the season to get both shifts in.
*To be eligible to work a Saints playoff shift, you must have previous experience working in the concession and be able to handle a very fast past environment.
**NO SHOW**/CANCELLATION POLICY
Once you have signed up for a shift, it is yours. It is not returnable and cannot be cancelled.
If you do not show up for a scheduled shift, you will be marked as a no show, and one deposit cheque will be cashed, or $200 to your credit card will be processed immediately.
Situations do happen, and there may be a time when you cannot meet your commitment. If this happens, it is STILL your responsibility to find a replacement to take your shift or see if another parent can switch with you. SGMHA's secretary is not responsible for filling this shift for you. There is a spare list on the website under the 'Mandatory Shift Requirement' tab for people who you can pay to work your shift or you can check the shift trade/give away tab to see if there is an option available or to post your information.
If you do not find a replacement worker and fail to show up for the shift, your cheque or credit card will be processed.
Please note if you sign up for more than two shifts, only two shifts will be applied to your requirement (no credits will be given for extra shifts worked without written approval from the Secretary). You are still responsible for any shifts you sign up for, therefore, if you signed up for more than two you must find someone to take the shift from you please make sure before you click submit that you are signing up for the correct time and slot that you wanted. Cheques/credit card deposits will be cashed for extra shifts signed up for that you do not show up for.
Should you wish to work more than the required shifts, the following two options apply:
Add your name to the Spare List. You will be contacted if there is a no show for a slot and given the option to work the shift.
In the event that shifts are left unfilled, the office will send out a notice through the RAMP system advising that there are shifts available for a credit of $60. If this notice is sent out, any family can at that time sign up for the dates specified as a credit shift.
Should you have any questions or concerns about any mandatory shifts please feel free to contact the Secretary at email@example.com
Each family is required to work two (2) shifts throughout the year and SGMHA will ensure that there are enough shifts available for each family to do so.
In the event that you try to sign up to work your required mandatory shifts and you find that there are none available for you, please advise the Secretary immediately. If it is after the Dec 31 deadline and there are no shifts available you will be put on a wait list and if a shift(s) becomes available you will be given the option to work it to be reimbursed your deposit, if you decline the first date offered your name will move to the bottom of the list and the next member in line would be offered the next available slot. PLEASE BE ADVISED however, if you wait until the very end of the year to sign up to complete your mandatory shifts and you find that there are no longer any shifts available, your cheques or credit card will be processed if, during the season shifts were not filled and had to be opened up for credit.